· Remove dressing after about an hour in a clean environment
· Wash tattoo with warm soapy water and pat dry, apply a thin layer of Bepanthen cream or Tattoo Goo with clean hands
· Repeat this process 2 to 3 times a day
· After a week, only apply the cream when needed until fully healed
· Do not expose your new tattoo to the sun, swimming pools or a sunbed for 4 weeks
· Do not soak your tattoo in water for a prolonged period of time (e.g. baths) for the first week. Showers are fine
· Do not pick or scratch your tattoo whilst healing as you will pull the colour out
Sea salt solution—Hot compress
(Approx. 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt or rock salt [NOT table salt!] to a cup of warm water). This method works best when used with warm but NOT boiling water. It is important
not to make the solution too concentrated.
Soak a cotton pad with the saline solution and place on the piercing for 5 minutes (until it starts to cool down).
This helps to open the pores of the skin. Pour the remainder into a clean container that’s just big enough to cover the area (e.g. navel/mug, eyebrow/contact lens case or eggcup).
Soak the piercing for 10 minutes, making sure the water is warm at all times. This draws out any impurities or trapped fluid. Remove any dry matter gently with a cotton bud.